UPDATE

I'm clashing with the color scheme to let you know, I have moved to 3DESPRIT.COM !

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

[Resource] Sculpting in Blender with Dynamic Topology

For the past month, up until the start of Concept Cookie's concept art workshop, I was sculpting in Blender every day, as much as I possibly could. If you have worked with Blender's sculpt tool, you know that there is a lot to learn in terms of methods for getting great sculpts. At the same time, being a new user and starting to use it, is extremely simple.


For people interested in learning as much as possible about sculpting in Blender, I wanted to bring up one of the best resources for such information. What I'm referring to is a single post on the Blender Artists Forum, named "Dyntopo tests". This 200+ page forum thread has a large amount of sculptors sharing their work, as well as their tricks to get these awesome results when using Blender's sculpt tool. You will notice there are quite a few ZBrush users posting in this thread, as they have found Blender's tool to be much more comfortable than ZBrush.

Needless to say, I have only read about 70 pages myself, and have already made several pages of notes for myself. Once I'm done reading this monolithic post, I will certainly post my notes here, so that anyone not willing to go through all 218 pages can find all of the information in one "cliff notes" style article. Until then, enjoy what this thread has to offer; great sculpts, great information, and lots of inspiration.

No comments: